It depends. The amount of desiccant required is usually dependent on the following factors:
• Volume of air space to be desiccated
• Nature of the material to be protected
• Moisture surrounding the package
• Type of desiccant to be used
• Length of time for protection
• Atmospheric conditions (temperature and relative humidity) when/where the product is sealed and during subsequent shipment and storage
When AGM receives a call from someone looking for desiccant, our Desiccant Specialists will ask a number of questions to determine responses to the above information so they can calculate which type and size of desiccant will work best for the particular application.
You may use our Desiccant Calculator to determine the amount of desiccant for your application.
For further information on how to determine the amount of desiccant required for your application, please contact one of our Desiccant Specialists at 520-881-2130
or email us