The Dangers of Rapid Decompression and High Pressure Differentials:
Rapid decompression can create dangerous pressure differentials in a fraction of a second. Such differentials cause sealed cargo containers to rupture or explode if the pressure is not quickly relieved and brought to a tolerable level. As a result, cargo containers, their contents, and the aircraft can be damaged, or the plane’s occupants injured.
What to do About it: AGM’s Ultra-High-Flow Pressure Relief Valves:
Commonly referred to as magnet valves, AGM’s Ultra-High-Flow Relief Valves are magnetically actuated to provide flow rates specifically capable of venting a container to relieve catastrophic pressure buildup during decompression events.
Unlike conventional spring-actuated valves, AGM magnet valves fully open once the desired pressure threshold is reached, to achieve full air-flow almost instantly.
Due to their superior performance, AGM magnet valves:
- Relieve pressure in about one-fifth the time compared to spring-actuated valves
- Provide Dramatically higher air-flow rates at any given pressure differential compared to spring-actuated valves
- Are capable of relieving catastrophic pressure with a single valve per container
- Enable smaller, lighter, and ultimately less expensive container construction
- Magnets do not interfere with aircraft navigation and control systems
Call for More Information:
For more information about AGM’s Ultra-High-Flow Relief Valves or any other products and services, please call AGM at (520) 881-2130, or email AGM engineering here. AGM is an American aerospace and defense supplier located in Tucson, AZ. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (MST).