AGM now offers two commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) mounting systems. Both the KX1125 steel track and KX1130 aluminum track versions have been tested and qualified to MIL-S-901D Shock Test, Medium Weight and MIL-STD-167-1A Vibration for Shipboard, Hull-Mounted.
GSA approved Class 5 & 6 containers used aboard DOD vessels, vehicles, or aircraft must be securely mounted to avoid causing damage or injuries.
Currently employed methods to mount GSA containers aboard ships may encounter one or more of these issues:
- DOD 5200.1-R mandates that drilling or welding containers (except for authorized repairs) will void its security integrity.
- Containers mounted by these methods are not authorized to contain classified materials.
- Incorporating the container into a structure (compartment, bulkhead, etc.) obstructs an external inspection for covert entry.
- Limited space aboard ship and varying container dimensions impose mounting difficulties resulting in non-uniform hardware.
- Currently utilized mounting methods are not in compliance with MIL-S-901D (impact) and MIL-STD-167-1A (vibration) requirements for shipboard equipment.
The systems can be used on one to five drawer letter or legal size, general purpose or map and plan cabinets. The systems may be installed on decks constructed of the following materials:
The system can also interface with the Flex Deck System used aboard some U.S. Navy ships.
While developed to restrain GSA approved containers, this system is equally useful for restraining other large loads.